Sir Desmond is a national and international lawyer. Through being extremely well connected and enjoying an international legal reputation he has found himself advising or representing Heads of State and Heads of Government, princes and politicians, senior military officers and powerful figures from the financial world in England and abroad. From household names such as Englands football captain John Terry to Harry Redknapp, from those charged with espionage to celebrities such as Dame Shirley Bassey, they have turned to him for help. Not just stars of the sporting and entertainment world but indeed, the second man on the moon himself - Buzz Aldrin, have all sought his assistance: sometimes on non criminal, but highly sensitive matters.Read More
- Legal representation of individuals and companies before national courts in the UK and overseas.
- Giving legal advice to clients who are or may become the focus of investigation over genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- Legal representation of clients who are indicted for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- Advising governments on peace building in post conflict situations such as the need to return to the Rule of Law by setting up Tribunals to bring to account those responsible for violating international criminal law.
- Advising governments on the incorporation of international law into their domestic law.
- Advising governments in the setting up of Truth and Reconciliation Commissions.
- Having experience of working with the UN and the UNHRC, advising governments on meeting their human rights obligations where States have become the subjects of criticism.